Instagram marketing is all about the visuals. The quality of your photos will be the differentiating factor when it comes to gaining Instagram followers, getting them interested in your brand and what it’s about, and showing off the human side of your business.
But the hard work doesn’t end once you’ve taken that beautiful photo and edited it to perfection. The caption of your post is where you can give a voice to that visual content.
A good Instagram captions explains what the photo is about, tells your followers to take action, or cracks a joke that makes your content all the more delightful and shareable.
If you think of the caption on your Instagram posts as an afterthought, you’re losing out on an opportunity to engage and delight your followers in ways you can’t with just a visual. Here are some tips to help you write better Instagram captions.
How to Write Instagram Captions
- Write several drafts first.
- Front-load the important stuff.
- Include a call-to-action.
- Limit yourself to four hashtags.
- Meld your brand voice with Instagram’s lighthearted tone.
- Use emojis.
- Cross-promote your other social channels.
- When in doubt, keep it brief